- Mrs B Hollywood (Head of Department)
- Mrs B Traynor
- Mrs A Quinn
Religious Education is one of the core subjects of the Curriculum and it is studied by all students in Years 8 – 12
- At St Joseph’s we use the Veritas ‘Fully Alive Programme’ in KS3 as recommended for all Catholic post primary schools
- At GCSE Level we study the CCEA syllabus units 5 and 8 and exams for these modules are taken at the end of years 11 and year 12.
- At A Level we study from the CCEA syllabus units 1 and 6 – Luke’s Gospel and Ethics (2 teachers).
- We have a school oratory and we celebrate all the liturgical seasons and church feasts. We encourage our pupils to develop their prayer life through assemblies, meditation and class prayer.
- We also encourage our pupils to reach out to others and the R.E. department always supports school fundraising ventures.
- The department arranges for the Sacrament of Reconciliation for everyone in the school during the season of Advent and Lent. There are retreats arranged for Years 12, 13 and 14 and there are also Year Group Masses for each year and End of Year Masses for Years 12 and 14.