Céad Míle Fáilte go Roinn na Gaeilge in Ardscoil Naomh Iosaif.
- Bean Uí Ridlí (Head of Department)
The Irish Department supports the whole curriculum, whilst providing opportunities for Irish as a subject in its own right. We teach in a meaningful context, providing pupils with positive experiences of using Irish creatively and with confidence.
The main aims of the Department are to:
- foster knowledge and appreciation of the Irish language as a native language;
- create a positive atmosphere which allows pupils to develop competence in spoken and written Irish;
- encourage pupils to develop personal qualities, such as self-confidence, independence and effective communication;
- develop pupils’ ability to communicate and deal with information through the medium of Irish;
- enhance pupils’ learning by incorporating CDT into teaching.
- enable pupils to develop transferable communication skills.